Summary and scope of position:
Lead all research initiatives related to new products for the portfolio and provide research support for the existing product portfolio. Develop external research collaborations with leading researchers in the fields of transfusion medicine, trauma, hemoglobinopathies, and other hematology/oncology disciplines. Advance intellectual property portfolio and publication efforts/output.
Responsible for prioritizing, organizing, and driving research activities in the general areas of transfusion medicine, pathogen inactivation and related areas, to improve upon the portfolio, or develop new applications. Development of novel assays to maintain the leading edge in the support of product performance with both customers and regulators.
- Lead early-stage research efforts and drive progress on programs through research team or by influence and initiative cross functionally.
- Participate broadly in scientific publications and presentations; review publications to insure consistency with corporate objectives.
- Lead externally funded research programs.
- Develop and validate novel assays to support development programs and streamline regulatory submissions.
- Participate in the review and editing of research reports, regulatory submissions and quality documentation.
- Spearhead research collaborations and assist business development with the evaluation of novel ideas.
- Lead internal Research Review Committee.
- Provide scientific support global commercial team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key international thought leaders.
- Present scientific data and product/medical information to transfusing physicians, hematologists, oncologists, surgeons and other physician targets.
- Continually evaluate and analyze current industry trends to ensure that new ideas and technologies are incorporated into company strategies and research and development initiatives.
- Participate in intellectual property development activities to ensure that ideas are appropriately protected and that patent strategies are aligned with corporate priorities
- Build the team and talent required to be successfully
- Manage annual budget for research group and external collaborations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- MD or PhD with a minimum of 15 years related experience.
- High level of initiative to pursue novel opportunities and build/develop research team and capabilities to advance the company’s portfolio.
- Background in biologics development from initial research studies through early-stage clinical study initiation.
- Demonstrated ability to generate financial support for research activity from outside sources.
- Ability to interact constructively with cross functional team members and with executive leadership team.
- Recognize and focus on critical path activities and instill that focus into others.
- Recognized as an effective leader; strong leadership, management and mentoring skills; team oriented.
- Engaged with laboratory team and hands on.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels including board of directors, management and staff personnel both internally and externally (encompasses verbal, written, listening).
qualified candidates should email CV / Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org