The Director of Program Management should be goal oriented, disciplined, and have the ability to work with technical program management and cross functional leadership to drive discovery and early-stage clinical programs through key milestones.
Responsibilities may include:
- Translate goals into detailed project tasks, properly sequenced, resourced and budgeted with estimated timeframes (Gantt charts) to key milestones.
- Continuous support for teams to proactively track and monitor project progress. Work with teams to identify criteria for decision making and support team in creating forums for presentation of new information, timely decision making and responsiveness.
- Summarize complex topics and relay information regarding project status, issues, decisions, etc. team members, senior leadership and staff as appropriate.
- Lead team through periodic risk identification and management process.
- When needed, work with project sub team leads from all functions to support outsourced work related to program deliverables.
- Work with project lead and sub team leaders from science, pharmacology/safety, CMC, Clinical, and Regulatory to create a highly functional team environment. Develop strong and trusting relationships with team members.
- Interact with support functions (legal, finance, strategy an operations) to ensure transparency alignment for programs.
- BS/BA degree required
- MS/MBA/PhD and / or PMP certification preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional teams in discovery, preclinical, and/or clinical
- High level of mastery in basic project management including scope, time, and cost management
- Experience guiding teams through goal setting, planning, budgeting, timeline management, and transition through stage gates
- Leadership skills, personal integrity and the ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment is critical
- Good working knowledge of various functional groups including science, pharmacology/safety, CMC, Clinical, and Regulatory
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good skills with Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with contractor management, familiarity with success factors
qualified candidates should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com