(draft) The Vice President / Senior Director will work with the SVP of Corporate Strategy/BD as well as the investment team to continue to define and execute the strategy to access outside technology and assets. This will involve helping to lead the identification, evaluation and diligence for assets and technologies aimed at helping us achieve our strategic objectives. In this role, you will work closely with other members of the Leadership Team in an effort to successfully execute the transactions.
• Continually evaluating the outreach and search strategy to ensure our efforts are comprehensive and systematic and that we are viewed as an attractive partner for those seeking to license assets and technologies
- Managing workflow by rapidly, efficiently and dependably identifying and evaluating opportunities which appear consistent with the Company’s strategic objectives
- Leading the initial evaluation of opportunities and various interactions with potential partners
- Integrating and summarizing scientific, clinical and high-level financial and market information and helping to develop the business case and overall assessment of the transaction
- Developing technical recommendations in conjunction with R&D
- Participating in contract negotiations as appropriate
- Initially working with other members of the Business Development team to negotiate and execute the transaction (the intention is that over time the Senior Director will develop the skills and expertise to handle all aspects of the transactions from sourcing, evaluation, through to term sheet and agreement negotiations)
- Ensuring that all relevant supporting documentation for transactions (including external presentations, opportunity reports, management presentations, Board memos and other deal communication materials) is of the highest quality and is prepared, reviewed and approved in line with the Business Development processes
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 6-10 plus years bio-pharmaceutical industry (or related) that demonstrates a strong track record of identifying and evaluating third party assets and technologies
- PhD; MD plus PhD preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the drug research and development process and the regulatory, reimbursement and commercial environments
- Ability to contribute positively to a team and help lead a culture of collaboration and teamwork
• Strategic thinker who possesses both a solid business acumen and the ability to look beyond the current state and plan strategies that take into consideration the long term business objectives
• Ability to simplify complex ideas/concepts, synthesize and summarize a complex set of facts and set opportunities within the broader strategic context
• Comfortable with ambiguity around assessing new business opportunities
- Adept at handling multiple projects and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly adaptable and able to manage and work through change
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable interactions with potential partners and to drive the evaluation process and make recommendations within
• Ability to lead cross-functionally within and beyond the Business Development organization — Experience working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams including R&D, Commercial, Legal, IP, Finance and Operations
please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org