The Director/Sr. Director, Commercial Excellence will ensure the operational team, infrastructure, processes, and tools exist to enable successful outcomes for our field sales, marketing, customer service, and commercial leadership teams. The successful candidate will bring a strategic vision for how the team they lead will build and manage processes using a digital infrastructure that will simplify and improve the daily interactions with software tools across a distributed cross-functional team. The successful candidate must possess an ability to provide both the strategic direction and tactical expertise to drive technical solutions for managing, analyzing, interpreting, modeling, and communicating (internally) the data and insights that will drive our business forward. This role is a member of the Commercial Leadership Team, reports to the VP, Manufacturing & Commercial Excellence and I.T. and will work closely with and support other senior executives including the VP of Sales who you will assist by identifying ways to maximize and operationalize sales force potential to drive revenue.
This position will be a hybrid opportunity.
- Lead and develop teams with responsibility for customer service, order processing, device tracking, CRM, data analytics and reporting, and sales support including forecasting, quotas, compensation, and field inventory management. Provide effective leadership to commercial excellence team members while ‘rolling up your sleeves’ to also develop tools and analyses.
- Collaborate with commercial leadership to identify, recommend, and implement critical business process improvements to optimize resources, grow revenue, and enhance operational effectiveness.
- Strong business acumen and comprehensive understanding of medical device commercial processes.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, compensation planning and quota setting processes.
- Lead development of a reporting and business intelligence program that provides data analysis and strategic problem solving to achieve commercial objectives.
- Reduce (or eliminate) low value and redundant work that draws resources from more important efforts.
- Assist with territory planning, account segmentation, and data management activities.
- Develop KPIs for patient funnel, conversion rates, and ROI analysis for key commercial programs.
- Develop and implement commercial tools, processes, and analytics to accelerate growth and bolster our innovation and digitalization efforts. Continue to focus improvement strategies and plans to maximize productivity, drive operational excellence and achieve/exceed business goals and objectives.
- Support other functional areas with reports and dashboards that assist with business and regulated activities such as device tracking, complaint trending and reporting, inventory management, customer and patient support, development, and clinical study execution.
- Provide expert consultation and project management to all assigned initiatives – Engage relevant stakeholders, objectively assess potential solutions, clearly define project deliverables and timelines, develop communication/change management plans, manage, and proactively communicate risks and expectations
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8+ years Commercial Excellence / Operations experience; previous medical device experience preferred.
- Excellent command of business drivers and relevant data sets (e.g., financial, sales & marketing, costs, etc.) and comfort with databases and data analytical tools (e.g., SQL, Tableau, Salesforce, ETLs, etc.)
- Expertise with hands-on data analytics and modeling preferably within the medical device industry.
- Proven ability to interact and effectively communicate with peers, customers, business partners, and executives.
- Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of data analysis and recommendations.
- Extensive experience with primary tools including Excel, Tableau, and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated analytical rigor and can effectively analyze ambiguous, partial, or limited data sets.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and driven with the ability to prioritize multiple competing projects.
- Exceptional communication skills. Able to deliver clear messages to a wide variety of audiences.
- High energy, team oriented, data driven, and results focused.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different styles.
qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com