The Senior Associate will be a key member of the healthcare investment team, building and managing a high- quality public and private portfolio, focused primarily on emerging growth healthcare companies. The successful candidate will develop an understanding of the landscape of leading-edge companies in therapeutics, diagnostics, medical devices, and healthcare services and assist the healthcare team in identifying investment opportunities. The candidate must have a proven track record of providing technical and financial analysis, performing due diligence, and maintaining a focused approach to projects and initiatives. The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to increase their knowledge base of the healthcare industry develop their analytical, decision-making and communication skills, take on significant responsibility and advance as quickly as their capabilities allow.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume primary responsibility for the evaluation and tracking of pre-IPO crossover investments, including maintenance of notes, deal pipeline and periodic re-evaluation of private portfolio.
- Participate in the evaluation of potential public investments via initial public offerings, secondary
offerings and PIPES.
- In conjunction with the healthcare team, undertake the day-today management of the healthcare
portfolio, including decisions to increase, decrease and/or sell existing positions.
- Lead due diligence—via calls and/or surveys as needed—in connection with potential investments on
the public or private side, including leading KOL calls and keeping a log of activities.
- Actively prospect for new crossover investments by creation and maintenance of a data base of
candidate companies and active areas of interest.
- Become an active participant in healthcare conferences, non-deal road show presentations, company
conference calls and analyst-led events. Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Strong scientific background, with MSc or PhD or preferred.
- Will consider individuals with prior experience in the financial industry, consulting or in an operating
- Strong technical skills, including advanced financial modeling, financial analysis and market research.
- Strong organizational and communication skills including business writing and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, personable and capable of managing multiple tasks in a dynamic,
meritocratic work environment.
please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com