Director of Alliance Management
Greater Boston, MA
Reporting to the Head of Business Development & Strategy, the Director of Alliance Management will be responsible for building the Alliance Management function and setting the foundation for existing and future partnerships. This role will serve as the operational and strategic nexus between us and our partners, facilitating communication and coordination across and within project teams.
This role can be either remote or Boston-based.
- Establish the Alliance Management function and serve as a central point of contact for our existing, new, and prospective partners.
- Oversee external partnerships by managing cross-functional activities to ensure collaboration projects meet defined milestones and contractual commitments.
- Grow relationships with a collaborative spirit and strategic perspective, including anticipating and identifying issues and opportunities for us and our partners.
- Work with internal stakeholders (Business Development, Program Management, Research & Development, Legal, Finance, and Executive Teams) to align on scope and direction as well as to implement partnership projects.
- Facilitate key internal and external meetings (for governance committees and project teams) by coordinating agendas, moderating discussions, preparing minutes, and detailing action items.
- Develop and maintain operational aspects of partnerships, including research plans, research budgets, and other documents and tools to enable project tracking, resource management and file sharing.
- Manage execution of amendments in line with evolving business needs.
- Participate in business development discussions to support new partnerships.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in the life sciences (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, etc.) strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the biopharma industry, with direct experience successfully managing preclinical and clinical-stage alliances.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, including managing and tracking progress at both project and program levels.
- Highly collaborative mindset with demonstrated ability to lead and organize cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with biopharma industry license and collaboration agreements and key terms.
- Knowledge of drug development process and functional areas within a biopharma company.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic plans into action and complex information into decisions.
qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org