CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER
Position Summary: The Chief People Officer (CPO) will be responsible for reimagining our people function, culture, structure and policies. This person will drive key Human Resources (HR) best practices and initiatives and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the HR function, across all offices domestically and internationally. Reporting into the CEO, the CPO will develop and execute the HR strategy for the organization and partner with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to execute on the vision globally.. The CPO will serve as a thought partner to the CEO, COO and SMT, provide HR advisory services with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning and development. The incumbent will also oversee the HR team and be responsible for leading, assessing, mentoring and supporting team members to ensure daily HR operations are handled timely and appropriately.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will service the full range of HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Senior Management Team (SMT), especially the COO and CEO, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
- Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, diversity and inclusion.
- Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and assimilating high-potential talent throughout the world. Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession. Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental budget and headcount.
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to our needs.
- Oversee compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and surveys are handled on a regular basis.
- Respond to the HR demands of a global, highly matrixed organization with geographically distributed field offices; assist in articulating global HR policy at the country and regional level.
- Guide the HR team in supporting Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Engagement, Benefits, Rewards, Visa and Immigration, Policy and Compliance.
- Partner with IT on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
- Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Partner with Legal to ensure compliance & mitigate organizational risks.
Culture and Development
- Develop relationships and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues. Facilitate integration of diverse workgroups, cultures, and newly acquired assets.
- Coach and counsel SMT in developing themselves and their teams to achieve improved performance and engagement
- Counsel, coach and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
- Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization.
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management
- Role model our core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all members of the community around the world.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred. Certifications in HR helpful (SPHR, GPHR). 15+ years of relevant business experience ideal.
- At least 10+ years of progressive HRBP leadership experience, with 2-3 year leading an HR function.
- At least 3 years experience managing people and teams of various sizes in dispersed locations,
- Biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device sector experience is critical.
- Knowledge of M&A helpful.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with specialized expertise in at least 2 areas. Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business topics in Finance, Legal, IT, payroll, and administration.
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal and interpersonal – and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences globally.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- Drive initiatives with limited resources and roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented.
- Passionate about our mission, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.
qualified candidates should email CV to email@example.com