SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Director, Program Management is the operational lead for a clinical stage program to ensure that program and corporate goals are met on time, within budget and with high-quality results. Using solid program management knowledge and broad experience in drug development, the Associate Director, Program Management will partner with the relevant Medicines Lead to create development plans, but be directly responsible for the day-to-day, cross-functional execution of those plans.This role will support the Medicines Lead for Rare Disease.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supportive Leadership: Provides operational support and leadership and overall direction to cross-functional teams.
- Planning, Documenting and Tracking: Facilitates achievement of strategic goals for a program by proactively planning tasks, documenting meeting outcomes including actions and decisions, and monitoring ongoing progress of deliverables.
- Risk Identification, Mitigation and Communication: Scans workstreams to identify potential risks, develop mitigation plans and communicate these in a timely fashion to the cross-functional team and the Medicines Lead.
- Budget Management: Maintains spend levels in line with board-approved budget, supports contract request process from teams as needed.
- Governance and Continuous Improvement: Ensures key recommendations flow through the Core Team, various Matrix Teams, and appropriate governance committees in the right order to ensure vertical and horizontal integration across functional areas and senior management. Identifies and analyzes problems, and recommends solutions to rest of Program Management as part of continuous improvement.
- Communication: Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication of key issues and progress to the Medicines Lead, program team members, and other functions or governance committees as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- BS/MS in life sciences required; Advanced degree (PhD, MBA) preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant program management experience in drug development managing clinical stage programs (Ph 1 – 3). Other functional experience in drug development preferred (e.g. Clinical Operations, Regulatory Operations, Technical Operations, etc.).
- Experience in marketing authorization submissions and approvals in Europe, U.S., Japan a plus.
- Facility with tools and technology including MS Project/Powerpoint/Excel, SharePoint, teleconferencing platforms preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Works independently and under tight deadlines.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Able to resolve conflicts in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Constantly looks for ways to improve (processes, own behaviors)
- Able to manage up and down.
- The role for may require up to 25% travel, both domestic and international.